Here is some short but sweet food for thought I received in an email recently. Enjoy!
If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.
The best vitamin for making friends..... B1.
The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge.
One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.
If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.
One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.
Ideas won't work unless ' You' do.
Your mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.
Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people whotreat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believeeverything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody saidlife would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
I have recently received my free Box Tops For Education collection box that I requested a few weeks ago. Its just another way for my little man to save and collect box tops. During the school year we save and stick them on a box tops worksheet (which can be downloaded and printed from BTFE website). There are so many to choose from. For now since we have a collection box - this makes it easy to just cut them out and drop them in a slot. Then we can decide when we want to open it up and paste or tape our box tops onto our worksheets for him to take to school. Last year his teacher would take him to the library to turn in his full worksheets and the librarian would give him a little prize, like a brand new pencil. He got a kick out of that. I hope they do the same in Kindergarten. :) He is always on the look out for box tops when we go shopping. Sometimes he finds products with double the box tops and gets so excited.
Ok, so I have gotten a little off track lately. It seems so much has been going on the past few weeks. I plan to get back into the grove of things soon. If you have gotten derailed from your summer goals I hope you find your way back soon as well.
I have a few goals I would like to accomplish this summer. Here are few of the basics.
1)Declutter my home. I plan to go through everything in my house and separate things to keep, things to sell, and things to get rid of.
2) Declutter my computer. I have been saving and cleaning out files. I will be performing a backup and reprograming the whole kitandkaboodle. This will help my computer run faster.
3) Deep clean my house. Every knok and cranny will be dusted and wiped clean. That will take a while but having a decluttered house will help in this process.
4) Upgrade a few electronics that are going out of date. I have an old tv I would like to replace with a newer one. I am also looking forward to upgrading my monitor to a flat screen - this will take up less space on my desk. Of course this will take funds, so saving will be a must for this goal.
5) Catch up on my favorite shows. I am so far behind on LOST. I plan on renting previous seasons and hopefully I will be caught up before the new season starts.
6) Help my chlid get ready for Kindergarten. I plan on reading everyday and just working on letter sounds and putting words together. This will be a daily goal for me. Setting aside time everyday will make a big difference when school starts back up in August.
7) Enjoy going places with my son. Whether its just Mcdonals to play or the library, we will not be sitting at home all summer long. We also visit family and go to the park to play. There are lots of free ways to have fun. Money is tight this summer so we will be looking for some free things to do this summer that are a blast. One slurge might be swimming lessons - but grandma is to thank for that one. :)
Well, thats all I have so far. I know it doesn't look like much but each goal will take some time to complete.
I have already started decluttering in one bedroom. Thats a start - and its only the 2nd day of summer. Though the rest of my house is a mess, it feels so nice to walk in that room and know everything is in its place. I forget how terrible the rest of the house looks.. lol
Do you have any goals for this summer? If so I hope this gives you the motivation on completing your list and also gives you some ideas for more ways to spend you summer. But don't forget to have fun.
Happy Wednesday to Everyone, I have come across some news I think everyone should know. Especially U.S. citizens. Here is the article I found.
Stamp Prices to Go Up 2 Cents -From 42 Cents to 44 Cents in May
The post office will get an extra 2-cents worth when you mail a letter starting in May. The U.S. Postal Service announced Tuesday that the price of a first-class stamp will rise to 44 cents on May 11. That gives plentyof time to stock up on Forever Stamps, which will continue to sell at the current 42-cent rate until the increase occurs. They will remain valid in the future regardless of rate hikes. "The Postal Service is not immune to rising costs which are affecting homes and businesses across America today," said Postmaster General John Potter. "Even with the increases, the PostalService continues to offer some of the lowest postage prices in the world." Read more at...http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2009-02-10-stamp-prices_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip
So go out and stock up on Forever Stamps and save on future mailings. It could save you lots depending on how much mailing you do. Think of it this way - even the stamps for those monthly bills add up.
Just thought I would share this with you. Have a great day!